The ketogenic (ketone, keto) dietis very popular in the West. A large number of books are dedicated to her in which they speak about the principles of nutrition and approved products. The main principle of the keto diet is to reduce the amount of protein and carbohydrates consumed, but to increase the amount of fat.
Interesting! For the first time, the principle of nutrition appeared in the 20s of the last century, in which carbohydrates are severely restricted and replaced by fats. The diet was originally used to treat neurological disorders in order to reduce the amount of insulin produced.
What is the keto diet?
The keto diet is all about reducing the amount of carbohydrate foods you eat. It is not allowed to consume no more than 50 grams per day. Carbohydrates. If we talk about a percentage, the menu is composed like this (what is a BJU? ):
- fat - 70%;
- proteins - 20%;
- carbohydrates - 10%.
With the keto diet, you can eat your favorite foods without restrictions. Baked chicken with the skin on is allowed. The main thing is not to exceed the allowable amount of carbohydrates.
Interesting! One of the blood relatives of the keto diet is the Atkins diet, which also implies strict restrictions on carbohydrate consumption. This method of losing weight is very popular with world stars. The famous people of Hollywood are literally obsessed with low carbohydrate diets, so they are taking the lead among existing weight loss methods.
Advantages and disadvantages of the keto diet
The goal of the ketone diet is to create the conditions to get calories from fat and protein, not from carbohydrates. Itlowers blood sugar levels, but does not affect brain activityb. As a result, women and men feel great and lose weight.
But this diet isnot for everyone. It has advantages and disadvantages that should be considered.
Benefits of the ketone diet
There are many positive aspects to the ketogenic diet:
- You can eat your favorite foods without counting calories and without being limited in time. For women, this is an ideal way to lose weight. The main thing is not to fall for cakes and sweets.
- Helps get rid of acne. If your rash is caused by an increase in blood sugar, a ketone diet will help cleanse your skin.
- Reduces the risk of cancer. Studies have shown that an oxidative process takes place in cancer cells during a ketan diet, which leads to their rapid death. Additionally, maintaining normal blood sugar levels lowers the chances of diabetes and stroke, which have been linked to some cancers.
- Helps people with epilepsy. The keto diet leads to ketosis - an increased amount of ketone bodies in the body that reduces relapses in people with epilepsy.
- Protects the brain. Through research, scientists have found that the ketogenic dietreduces the riskof developing Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and other neurological and mental illnesses.
Interesting! The keto diet is often referred to as the Meryl Streep diet. The reason is not that the famous actress became the founder of this method of losing weight. She played one of the leading roles in the film Do No Harm. This picture tells of children with epilepsy and the positive results of the ketogenic diet for the treatment of "special" babies.
Disadvantages of the keto diet
The ketone diet is suitable for most people if all principles of a healthy diet are followed. In exceptional cases, side effects can occur:
- decreased stamina;
- impaired digestive function;
- vitamin deficiency;
- unpleasant smell of acetone from the body and exhaled air.
These side effects usually manifest themselves either in an incorrectly composed menu or in strict contraindications. You can prevent their occurrenceby increasing the amount of fluids you drink, taking multivitamin complexes, and including spinach, cabbage and cucumber in your diet.
Before starting any diet, you should consult your doctor to determine possible contraindications. The body has to be ready to change the diet. And it is better to lose weight in full health, and for women - after the end of menstruation.
The absolute contraindications for the ketone diet are:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- underage age;
- Insulin intake in diabetes.
Additional diet conditions
To enter ketosis and your diet has achieved the results you want, follow the important rules:
- Drink up to 4 liters of clean water a day.
- avoid snacks;
- reduce portion size daily;
- eat 5-6 times a day until you feel full;
- Exercise light sports for 30 minutes a day;
- take vitamins;
- eat herbs every day that will help cleanse the intestines and prevent constipation from developing;
- Include cold-pressed coconut oil in your daily diet.
The duration of the diet depends on the goals you have set for yourself:
- 5 days - the minimum period in which you can lose 3-4 kg;
- 14 days - it takes 4 to 8 kg;
- 3 months - the optimal duration of the diet lasts 10-15 kg.
Experts recommend not sitting on a ketone diet for long. It should be adhered to according to the scheme:
- for the first time - no longer than 7 days;
- the second time - no longer than 14 days;
- for the third time - until the set goal is achieved, but not longer than 3 months.
You have to take a one-month break after each course. Complete the diet smoothly, including 30 grams of carbohydrates daily.
Permitted and prohibited keto diet foods
Use the list of allowed foods when creating your menu. It contains:
- any meat;
- sea fish;
- chicken and quail eggs;
- low-fat milk;
- fermented milk products;
- grapefruits and oranges;
- vegetables, but not more than 50 gr. at a time;
- Tea, coffee without sugar.
It is forbidden to eat the following products:
- rich pastries, sweets;
- all grain;
- trans fats.
Based on these lists, you can put together a menu of the day for a woman or a man, taking into account your taste preferences.
The keto diet: menu of the day
When putting together a keto diet menu, let's take the average indicators for three approaches to the diet: for 5 days, a week, and 14 days.
Menu for 5 days
|1||Omelette with herbs, tea||Turkey fillet with mushrooms||Chicken casserole, orange juice|
|2||2 boiled eggs, coffee||Fish baked in foil with vegetables||Quark casserole, kefir|
|3||Meat casserole, grapefruit||Chicken breast with herbs||boiled shrimp, tea|
|4||Chicken omelette, low-fat yogurt||Meatball Soup||Chicken souffle, tea|
|5||Egg and olive salad||Beef chops, vegetable salad, tea||Cheesecake, milk|
Keto diet menu for 7 days (week)
|1||cooked chicken breast, peppers||Beef with beans||Caesar salad|
|2||Quark omelette, orange||boiled veal, vegetable salad||Ratatouille, tea|
|3||Cottage cheese pancakes, kefir||Turkey stew with tomato||Vegetable salad, tea|
|4||Toast with low-fat cheese, coffee||Beef stroganoff, coleslaw||low-fat cottage cheese, fermented baked milk|
|5||Omelette with cheese and herbs||Chicken skewers, cucumber and tomato salad||steamed salmon, tea|
|6||Cottage cheese, coffee||Meatballs with cabbage, cucumber and carrot salad||Fish soup, grapefruit|
|7||Cheesecake, nuts||Oven-baked beef, fresh cherry tomatoes||Pork skewers, tea|
Menu for 14 days
|1||Quark omelette, orange||braised squid, beans||Cheesecake, nuts, tea|
|2||Turkey omelette, tea||Pieces of pork with vegetables||Cottage cheese pancakes, tea|
|3||Cheesecake, coffee||Mussels, coleslaw||Caesar salad, kefir|
|4||boiled eggs, kefir||cooked chicken breast, grapefruit||Toast with cheese, tea|
|5||steamed salmon, tea||braised pork, tea||Vegetable salad with chicken breast|
|6||Chicken casserole, tea||Caesar salad||Fish baked in foil|
|7||boiled eggs, grapefruit||cooked turkey, ratatouille||Turkey in tomato paste, tea|
|8||Quark casserole, nuts||Fish with vegetables, tea||Omelette with cheese and beef, grapefruit|
|9||Eggs with green beans, coffee||Chicken schnitzel, grapefruit||Meat soufflé, cheese|
|10||Omelette with cheese, tea||Chicken breast, egg and cucumber salad||Cottage cheese casserole, orange|
|11||Toast with cheese, orange juice||Pork skewers, Chinese salad||Cabbage and carrot salad, fish|
|12||Fish casserole, tea||Meat on a stick, tea||Cheesecake, milk|
|13||Cottage cheese, honey||any meat salad||Chicken legs in sauce|
|14||Cheesecake, grapefruit||Steamed veal with vegetables||Quark casserole, kefir|